Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Adventures in Village Life #1

It's been a long day, and spending the day trying to function in another language seems to have curtailed my usual verbosity. So, instead of regaling you with stories, I'm hoping that tonight, a few pictures of my new 'hood will be of interest:

1. The giant beetle that tried to break through my front door last night. That's a square-foot tile he's sitting on.

2. The local convenience store, which the teachers refer to as the 7-11.

3. The gas station at the 7-11. (The 2 pumps behind the woman are the gas pumps)

4. The school bus.

5. My after-dinner view.

Now, I'm going to climb under my mosquito net, and try to fall asleep before the monster-beetle starts knocking on my door again.

2 comments:

Debie said...

That thing is just too big. Yikes!

Love seeing the village, and how it works.

Sleep well, under net...and under God's protection. :o)

Janice said...

Thanks, Debie! It's been an interesting learning/living experience!