Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Sunday, November 16, 2003

안영! I just taught my computer to type in Korean. I'm so excited. Despite the fact that I didn't do ANY of my planned activites, it's been a good day.

It was bright and sunny, so I hopped on my bike to go shopping...but the breeze was deceptively cold - I should have worn a jacket. In November, go figure. So instead of going shopping, I stopped at a favourite restaurant instead...how was I to know that it's not possible to order just one serving of BBQ??? So there I was all by myself cooking up TWO servings of pork on the coals....plus I got two servings of all the side dishes. Two servings of marinated spinach. Two servings of kimchi. Two servings of acorn jelly. Two servings of spicy jellyfish. Good thing I was hungry.........

Now I'm heading out for a walk before the sun goes down. There's a great little shop nearby that serves the BEST chocolates. Chocolates with a strange magnetic pull....a pull that draws me from my livingroom....must....resist.....can't hold out....mmmm....chocolates......

No comments: