Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I've decided to work my way through the BBC's top 100 books of all time...in no particular order. Of course, Catch-22 is still my personal favourite. I feel like I've gone back to highschool, since that's where I read many of the books for the first time. Right now I'm barreling through 'To Kill A Mockingbird' again. What a great book. I think everyone should be forced to take 10th grade English again in their 20's or 30's....they'd get so much more out of it!

Ironically enough, Oprah was on Larry King Live tonight (which I don't usually watch) and she was mentioning a conversation she had had with Harper Lee (author of To Kill a Mockingbird). Oprah asked why she never wrote another book, to which Harper Lee replied "Because, I said everything I wanted to say". It's true...she certainly packs a lot of life and wisdom into such a tiny novel.

No comments: