Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

So here's what's really happening in my world....

As some of you may know, I've accepted a job offer from a University in a nearby city. I'm excited about it, and am getting mentally prepared to make the shift from being a kindergarden teacher to a University Instructor within the next 3 months.

Here's the problem...my current employers don't want me to leave. (To the point of calling another university that offered me a job, and 'requesting' that they don't hire me!!!!) My contract is finished at the end of February, but even though I've tried to tell them 3 times that I'm leaving when my contract is finished, they don't believe me!! They keep asking me to "think about it some more". I seriously don't know how to tell them that I'm really really going. So things are kind of touch-and-go to say the least.

But, on the bright side, I do have the memory of that Chicken sandwich , and all those socks to cheer me up.

No comments: