Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

AAaaaahhhhh. Lovely. My roomates have been gone for 4 days now. I've had the place to myself and have caught up on so many things that needed to be done. (I even got my Christmas letters written!) Now, I'm sitting here in a clean house, with clean laundry, a clean fridge and a hot cup of coffee listening to U2. Ahhhhh.

My friends Liam and Gina are coming down from Seoul tonight and we'll spend a few days here together, then I'll go back to Seoul with them for the weekend. Since everyone and their pets will be fleeing Seoul tonight in preparation for the Lunar New Year, I imagine that the usual 2 hour bus trip could possibly take upwards of 5 or 6 hours.

My friend Kim is coming over this afternoon after lunch, and I think we're going to go 'dumpster diving'. It's not as gross as it sounds. Lots of people in the area discard furniture when they're moving, or when they get new stuff. Since 2nd hand items are considered 'unlucky' here, things like chairs, desks, couches, tables etc. just get tossed out. So aroung out apartment complex, the trash pick-up areas often look like free yard sales. Most of our house is furnished with local discarded items. Kim spotted a nice sofa yesterday, so we're going to go check it out.

Hmm, I've been so busy relaxing lately I hardly have anything to write about. Nice.

No comments: