Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Ugh. It's just after 6:00 am, and Liam and I will be leaving for the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone) in a few minutes. Normally, I'd be pretty excited, but I think I'm too sleepy right now. It's one of the most heavily guarded (?) borders in the world, and we're not allowed to wear jeans, shorts, sandals, military gear, and long hair is innapropriate for men. Not your typical tourist resort.

Liam, Gina and I arrived in Seoul yesterday afternoon - after a normal 2 hour bus ride instead of the 7 hours it took them to get to Daejeon on Tuesday. However, once we got back, they discovered that the water pipe to their respective apartments had frozen in their absence...so neither one of them have running water....which has it's disadvantages.

No comments: