Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday as Sunday should be...sort of.

What a lovely day. The sun was shining, a breeze was blowing, and I got to go to church for the first time in a while!

I went to the Gospel Service at Camp Walker with my friend Glenys. This was the first time I'd ever been to a black, southern, hand clappin' "Can I get a Witness?" kind of service. It was fabulous. The message was good and the members of the congregation were really friendly.

It was also the first time I'd been on an American military base. It was..... American. And Military. I had to go through a double guarded gate, but once I was inside it looked (and sounded) just like America. It was a bit of a shock to just walk through a gate and wind up in another country.

Anyway, it was a good day. I met lots of nice people, and saw another part of the city that I'd never been to before. I'm sure I'll do it again sometime.




No comments: