Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Adventures in Books...

For my birthday, I was given some gift certificates for an English book bookstore here. This past weekend, I used them to pick up a couple of titles that looked interesting. I've just finished reading the first little one, and it was fantastic. It was short, and simple, but it was written from such a unique perspective that it kept me interested. Even though I finished it yesterday, I've picked it up a few times today and read a page here and a page there - mostly because I don't want the story to be over. I keep hoping I might have accidentally missed a few pages the first time through, and might discover them if I pounce on the book (catching it off-guard, of course) and spring it open to a random page. So far, no luck.

I'd like to be able to tell you what book it is, but since I just got a copy of it for my sister for Christmas, I can't. Even so, I hope you're all enjoying a good book today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tell us - I'll close my eyes while I read that part!

Anonymous said...

You can tell us - I'll close my eyes while I read that part!

mel said...

No fair! I want to know, I want to KNOW!!!