Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Adventures in Turned Tables...

When I was growing up in Ontario, every year around this time, I would hear a conversation between my Dad and his mom. The conversation would always go something like this:

Dad (in Ontario): We got another (1/6/8) feet of snow last night.
Grandma (in Victoria): Three new (tulips/daffodils/crocuses) are up in the garden this morning.

And so, with my Grandma and her garden in mind, I have the following to say to all of you digging out from last week's storm: The cherry blossoms on campus are starting to bloom.

3 comments:

norquay said...

Thbbbbt! Mom says it's good maple syrup weather. Mmmm...maple syrup and fresh cream!

Janice said...

I was just telling someone about the maple syrup, fresh cream and fresh bread dessert the other day. It's a great classic.

Anonymous said...

Janice- I'll make a special trip to Daegu if you make this dessert *wink* Kim