Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Adventures in Sleeping in on a Lovely National Holiday and Enjoying an Aromatic Cup of Coffee in Peace on My Quiet Balcony...

At least that's what this post would have been titled if the constructions workers hadn't decided to test out their shiny new jackhammer 20 feet away from my window at 6:30 this morning. It's now 8:47 and their still at it. I'm reluctant to take my coffee out to the balcony for fear of being caught making snarly faces at their noisy machinery.

2 comments:

norquay said...

May my children come and join you? The novelty of a subdivision being built behind us is wearing off, especially since we won't let them play on the dirt mountains!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, the 'walking schoolbus' leaves from the entrance to my building at 7:30 am Monday - Saturday. Please keep in mind that the meeting point is 10 feet from my bedroom window and the 'schoolbus' shuttles 2nd graders.
But, it's not a jack-hammer and I really don't miss Daegu U and its 'size matters' issues:)