Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Adventures in the Curve Balls of Life...

I love/d my job. I really do/did. I like/d my students, my schedule, my apartment, the campus, and the people I work with. As far as quality of life goes, my job here is pretty fantastic. That's why it came as such a shock this afternoon to find out that I won't have a job here much longer. For some reason, the powers-that-be at the university decided that the students here no longer need English Conversation classes...and canceled our entire curriculum. If the University doesn't need English conversation classes, it certainly doesn't need English conversation teachers! Anybody wish to gainfully employ a travel-hungry Canadian, and her petulant cat?

I'll let you know how things develop. I might be back in Canada-land sooner than anyone expected!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoikes! That IS a curveball!

I'd be willing to hire you for general maid service and friendship duties...

Janice said...

:P Thanks Mel. I appreciate it. Oddly enough, I'm not really worried about what will happen. I guess 'curious'is a more accurate description.