Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Incentive...

My tutor is awesome. The other day he says "Janice, I made you a present. If you get all the answers on this page right, I'll give it to you." sweet. So, I concentrated as hard as my little brain could, and got everything right. He reached into his pocket and handed me a beautiful earring. Just one. Then, with a laugh he tells me that if I want to be able to wear them as a pair, I need to get the next page right as well. So, eventually, I prevailed and now have a gorgeous pair of black earrings as a hard earned reward! I still despair that I will never be able to hold a decent conversation in Korean, but I'm studying much harder than I expected I would!

In horticultural news, the cherry trees are in full blossom, and line every lane and path on campus. Absolutely beautiful. For those of you familiar with the sight, it looks similar to Anne of Green Gables and her first drive with Matthew through the orchard. Not quite as breathtaking, but close enough.

Oh, and for those of you concerened either with my safety, or the safety of nearby pedestrians, I didn't buy Chris' scooter. I'm still riding my little Marry Poppins basket-in-front bike.

No comments: