Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Friday, June 25, 2004

I Love Learning New Things...

I love living in Korea, because I learn so many new things. Today I was lucky enough to get a double whammy.

1st I learned that just because the pop machine says "Mountain Dew", doesn't mean you won't get a cup full of Pineapple Demi-Soda.

2nd I learned that if you have just procured a cup of Pineapple Demi-Soda, (which you thought was Mountain Dew) and your student brings you a coffee ... you need to make a choice. Pick one and stick to it. Don't try to alternate sips of Pineapple Demi-Soda and Coffee during your lesson. You'll wind up with a mouth full of curdled milk taste, with a tinge of coffied pineapple and nothing you can do to fix it. That can be unpleasant.

No comments: