Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Drip...Drip..Drip

Ugh. It's hot...it's humid...and then hot some more. Don't get me wrong, I love hot weather I've just lately found myself to be getting quite jealous. I'm sweating away like crazy, and my Korean friends AREN'T. I don't know if it's physiological, biological, environmental or dietary..but whatever it is it's just not fair.

The regular semster here has ended, and some of my students did really well. I was pleased. My student evaluations seem pretty good too - so my students either really like me, or just raced through the evaluation without reading the questions.

One of my most cheerful students is off to join the army this summer, but he made sure I'd still be here in 2 years when he's done so he can take my 2nd semester class in 2006.

Now I'm 3 days in to my intensive course. That's an entire semester taught in 3 weeks. Seriously - I started teaching the classes on Tuesday, and their midterm is next week. And my class is HUGE! Most conversation classes are capped at 33 students ~ since this is a special class I've got 53 in it instead. I can't even move up and down the aisles to check their work!

23 more sleeps until I sleep in Canada. For those of you good at Math like me... then not counting today and the day I go home, that's only 22 more days.

Take care, and I hope to see lots of you soon.

No comments: