Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Adventures in Squirrelyness

The day has finally arrived when I've folded my summer clothes for the last time this season. All my t-shirts, tank tops and gauzy cotton shirts have been tucked away and vacuum packed in a space bag. Sigh.

I don't know what it is about Autumn that makes me feel like a squirrel stuffing my nest for the winter. I've been freezing soups and stews like a madwoman, I've been cleaning out closets and nooks and crannies and even that mysterious cupboard under my sink. I've started crotcheting a blanket, and the other day I thought "Hey, I wonder how you make pickles?"

OH - and it's Halloween today. I nearly forgot. So far the only Trick-ot-Treater I've had tonight is my neighbour, Tracy. She wasn't even looking for candy, she was bringing me soup. I think she's also feeling like a squirrel.

No comments: