Making my way through Asia (and grad school) one adventurous step at a time.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007



Adventures in the Up-Side of Global Warming...

While I fully understand that climate change is a serious challenge, I still find it difficult to complain about such wonderful weather. As I check the weather reports from home (Moncton -17, Ottawa -17, Regina -27) I'm glad I chose to stay in Korea this winter (Daegu +17). These pictures were taken this afternoon during an impromptu BBQ down at the duck pond. The weather has been glorious for the past week, and even though we've all been having a good time and spending as much time outdoors as possible, there's still a lingering uneasiness about such warmth in February. It's similar to the feeling you get when you're staring at that huge slice of French Chocolate Silk Pie on your plate: you're going to enjoy it 100%, even though you know it can't be good for you and you're surely going to pay for it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous--weatherwise. But forget the French Chocolate Silk Pie--it undoes three months of dieting in one easy pig-out.

Dad

Janice said...

I haven't actually had French Chocolate Silk Pie for years - probably since University or shortly after. It's all I could think of that's wonderful while you eat it, but wreaks havoc later.

Bundle up, Dad. It's cold where you are!

Oh, and as an update - it's pouring rain today. Good thing we had our picnic yesterday.